The Al-Muhammadi Mosque is located at Jalan Masjid, Kota Bharu, Kelantan. It is known as the ‘state mosque' or ‘stone mosque'. The original mosque was built by the Kelantan Islamic Affairs and Malay Customs Council (MAIK) in 1921 at a cost of RM360,000.00 funded using tithe collections. The ground-breaking ceremony was officiated by the Sultan of Kelantan, Sultan Ismail, on 21August 1922. The mosque was named after Sultan Muhammad, the fourth Sultan of Kelantan. Well-known as a centre for spreading Islamic teachings in Kelantan, it was officially opened on 31 July 1931.