The exhibition is also equipped with audio-visual installation to give more information to the visitors.
Originally, the site was owned by Che Manjalara, the mother of YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra, the father of development and father of Malaysia. It was then given to Tunku as a gift. During the Japanese occupation in 1942, Tunku has built a wooden house on the land. The wooden house was then known as New Street House. In the 1953, Tunku had found a new home base where he took the wooden house which was known as New Street House as the upper floor of the house.
In 1954, the house has been renamed as or Merdeka House by Tunku with the advice from his friends such as En. Senu Abdul Rahman, En. Mohd Khir Johari and Tan Cheng Lock. The estimated cost of the house was RM20,000. During the General Elections in 1955, 1959, 1964 and 1969, the house had become the spot to plan his political strategies. Besides that, he would spend his free time in writing activity. Among of his works were Raja Bersiong and Mahsuri film scripts.
In May 27th 1966, Muhibbah Mission from Jakarta consist of 20 military officers headed by Lieutenant Admiral O.B Sjaaf had discussed with Tunku Abdul Rahman in the house regarding confrontation issues. The effort to end the Malaysia-Indonesia confrontation was held in 7th June 1966 where Malaysia and Indonesia was represented by Tun Razak Hussein and Adam Malik respectively.