To become an outstanding National Centre for Archives and Archival Research
To preserve records of enduring value, provide research and reference services, as well as to communalize and popularize archival heritage
- To raise the standard of records management in the public sector by providing advisory service and implementation of the National Archives Act 2003.
- To heighten awareness within the civil service on the need to preserve institutional memory by preserving public records of enduring value.
- To acquire archival materials from unofficial sources through gifts, contributions, donations, purchase and other means.
- To preserve archival materials as national heritage, in accordance with prescribed standards.
- To facilitate and thereby encourage the use of archives as sources of reference and research.
- To heighten awareness and appreciation of the nation’s history through use of archival materials.
- To popularize the use of archival materials through exhibitions, publications and modern technology.
- To increase the number of visitors to the National Archives of Malaysia and Memorials through planned programs and activities.